Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stay Out of My Kitchen, Please?



I don’t know about you, but these words are music to my ears, particularly when it is pickling/canning/freezing season here in Tennessee. My husband is a farmer and can grow a garden like no one else I know, and I am so thankful for him as well as his gardening skills. I am even more thankful for his insistence on doing all of the garden produce preservation. His only request is that I please stay out of the kitchen. I have heaven on earth!


He fills our home with the awesome smells of spices that make your mouth water, and all I have to do is make an occasional pan of brownies and a few pitchers of lemonade for the handsome chef in the kitchen. Such a price to pay for rows and rows of beautiful jars of pickles, tomatoes, salsa, marinara, and much more.


I know some of you can’t believe that a woman would give up her kitchen to someone else, and you’re shaking your head. Please understand that I believe in using our individual gifts to help bless others. He loves to cook, and I love to write. It works, and we are VERY well matched! J


Blessings,

Amanda B.

1 comment:

  1. And I can attest to the fact that Jim is very good at what he does because I have tasted the fruit (or vegetables) of his labour! :O)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!