Thursday, October 18, 2012

October Thoughts About Learning and Marriage and LIFE!



It’s a frosty morning and I’m enjoying the smell of wood burning in the fireplace as I sip my coffee. The seasons are marching on, and this one is beautiful. I hope that you and your crew are getting ready for a new season of life and learning.

 I used to wonder if we would lose our love of learning once the kids were grown and moving on to their life’s adventure. I imagine that some of you wonder the same thing as you look ahead. Wonder no more—the love and thirst for learning continue, and the children still call for help with ideas, bosses, businesses, and more. ;)

 Can you picture me still sitting up here in the mountains, writing and investigating and having the time of my life without children around? If you said yes, you’re right. That’s exactly what I do when I’m home!


My husband and I are enjoying the time together. We’re very thankful that we anticipated this phase of our life during our years of homeschooling and took some special steps to make this a time of wonder and fun. If you haven’t had a chance to listen to our Top 10 Tips for Successful Homeschooling MP3, it’s worth the time to listen to some of the things that we learned along the way, particularly about taking care of our marriage as we raised and homeschooled kids.

 

Blessings,

Amanda B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!