Thursday, February 28, 2013

Twenty Years From Now


When we were in our first year of homeschooling, I was so overwhelmed at times with the whole scene, and battled to keep my priorities straight. I found a poem that spoke to my heart, so I put it just over the kitchen sink, on the windowsill – a reminder when I was having one of “those” days. It is still there today, and now, almost 20 years later, I can say that I’m glad that I had to keep looking at it over and over again. Here’s what it says, just in case you need a reminder, too:



Things that twenty years from now I will be glad I did today:

  • Thought good thoughts
  • Spoke kindly and listened
  • Lifted another up
  • Served without return
  • Paused to praise
  • Exercised
  • Spent more time with family
  • Laughed
  • Said “I love you” more often
  • Prayed
  • Daydreamed
  • Relaxed

I added Praise God and Give Thanks to the list. What would you add?

Blessings,
Amanda B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!