Friday, August 2, 2013

Coffee Talk: Figuring Out How To Homeschool

When our children were young, I got up early in the morning - just a bit ahead of them. I needed the time to pray, to study the Word, and to regain my perspective. Every day was a lesson for *me* when we first started homeschooling. I didn't have a clue about what was involved in teaching a child, but I knew that it was something that I had to do. 

We began with the textbooks they had been using in school, but it was easy to see that the learning from that method was not learning that would last. It was "surface" learning - just enough to do well on the tests and move on to the next part of the gauntlet of the "school year." The sparkle in the eyes of my curious children had vanished with the first days of kindergarten and "school," and it was time to rekindle that fire. 

And so it began, my commitment to bringing awe and wonder back into learning--first for my children, and eventually for yours. Thanks for your commitment to your children!

Blessings,
Amanda B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!