Tuesday, March 26, 2013

God is Empowering



Empowering:  Enabling, authorizing.

God is empowering, giving us strength, power, and courage to face anything. When I was young, I was convinced that I could do it all, handling whatever life threw at me. And then life happened, the boat was rocked, and I learned just how weak I was. The Lord quickly reminded me that His strength is the only strength that matters, and that I can’t do anything without Him. As a parent, there are times when everything seems to be going wrong, and then that “one more thing” happens and I feel powerless in the chaos. We’ve all been there. I have to make myself remember this verse, and whom to call on when I need strength: 

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13) 

It works every time! He is our strength and our strong tower!

PS. In these weeks before Easter, my blog posts are focusing on a word describing God that begins with a letter from the word HOPE - this week's letter is E. Come join the celebration at our Easter Facebook co-op

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!