Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fun and easy holiday project!

While thinking about easy and fun things to do for the holidays, here's an idea. We have made pillowcases using cotton holiday fabric for our own family, as well as for gifts for others. They are VERY easy to make, and here's a link to my favorite SIMPLE instructions - keep in mind that I am sewing-challenged, so you know this MUST be easy:


Pillowcases with Kids


I saw some very cute snowman fabric the other day, as well as some beautiful harvest fabric. One year, an aunt made the kids some simple beige pillowcases, and embroidered two praying Pilgrim children on the wide hems of each one. They were beautiful, and still treasured here.


Be creative - it really can be fun! I will NEVER forget the time that the boys chose glow-in-the-dark shark fabric for their new pillowcases while we studied oceans. Imagine my shock when checking on them in the middle of the night and seeing bright green sharks swarming around their heads! :-)


Blessings,
Amanda B.
www.unitstudy.com

1 comment:

  1. I had been thinking about this project a few weeks ago. I'm hoping I have enough time after I get my boys' quilts made to make a fun pillowcase for them too (already have the fabric). It's such a fun gift for kids!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!