Thursday, June 8, 2006

Digital Photography Tip and News

 


For those of you that are interested in digital photography and/or learning more about how to take great pictures, I have two bits of news:

1. I have found one of the best books for digital photography that is affordable and easily understood by all of us! My mom, who is new to photography, loves this book and I have to arm wrestle her for it just to be able to use it myself! <grin>
It uses wonderful pictures to explain the various concepts, which is great for those of us that are visual learners. I found it in the magazine section of WalMart - it is a large format special edition published by National Geographic. The title is Taking Great Digital Photos. It retails for $9.95

2. One of the new unit studies that is currently in development is Digital Photography. I am learning so much while writing this study - about photography and its origins, the art of photography (taking pictures of complete scenes instead of the tops of people's heads), and so much more about how to use a digital camera effectively. So, while we are learning about scrapbooking, I'll be busy getting the Digital Photography Unit Study ready to roll. It's going to
be a GREAT summer of learning for all of us!

Blessings,
Amanda B.
www.unitstudy.com

PS: I should add that I love digital photography, and have been trying to learn about it since we moved to the farm. It is so easy to begin and so simple to delete photos that don't turn out well! If I can learn this, anyone can. I was told over and over again by a high school art teacher than I would never make it as an artist, because I wasn't creative enough -- too detail-oriented.  But remember, this teacher was a friend of my high school English teacher who told me that I'd never make it as a writer, for the same reason. It only took me a few decades to test their wisdom. Learning styles and gifts and talents weren't a primary focus back in those days - oh well! Here are two links to some of my photos:

http://www.unitstudy.com/life_in_the_country.htm

http://appalachian-wonders.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!