Saturday, March 8, 2008

Wanting to move to the country?

Many of you have written to let me know that you are patiently waiting
for my book on moving to the country - thanks for your patience! I came
across this list that made me laugh, hope you enjoy it, too:

Top 10 Reasons Why Farming is a Great Occupation
http://watkins.gospelcom.net/landfill.htm#farming

As some of you know, we have a tree farm and nursery here in the
Tennessee mountains. In addition to growing all kinds of container
trees for landscaping, we also produce container daylilies used by
landscapers.

As farmers, we have learned to make use of every opportunity to work
indoors when the weather is wild outside. I wish you could see my house
this weekend! At the moment, the guys are spending the weekend
splitting thousands of daylily bulbs into separate fans in the
basement, by the woodstove, watching their favorite movies as they
work. They bring load after load up to the basement back door, and work
from that load. The basement floor is covered with plastic, and they
get busy splitting. My job? Well, since I can kill a silk plant with
one look - my job is FOOD, making sure there's food! And you all know
that I cook using the smoke detector method, right? ;-)

So, it isn't glamorous, but it is always interesting!

Blessings,
Amanda B.
www.unitstudy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!