Thursday, June 9, 2005

Hello from the farm!

What a wonderful thing -- blogging for homeschoolers! Many thanks to The Old Schoolhouse Magazine for making this available to a rapidly growing population of homeschoolers.


 


Well, first I had better introduce myself. My name is Amanda Bennett, and I am a Christian wife, mom, author and speaker. And when I find some "free" time, I love to  wander around our Appalachian farm with my camera, capturing the amazing scenery and wildlife in print.


 


As an author, I have written more than 30 books, most of them are unit studies. My website is www.unitstudy.com and if you would like to see some of my photography, check out the Life in the Country website at http://unitstudy.com/life_in_the_country.htm


 


My dear husband and I have been married for 26 years, and we have been blessed with three children, ages 12 - 23. The older two are in college and graduate school, while the youngest is still here at home, being homeschooled and enjoying life.


 


I am in the midst of homeschool convention season, traveling to speak around the country, and loving it. I have just returned from speaking at the Florida conference (FPEA) and what a convention it was! I heard that the attendance approached 10,000 -- lots of families having fun in Orlando. My next journey is to Gadsden, Alabama to speak at a homeschool gathering the last weekend in June.


 


Well, I had better sign off for now and help with packing tree orders -- things are never boring here. We grow container trees that ship all over the country for birthdays, weddings, memorials -- www.sheltering-trees.com  This is a brainchild of our oldest son, a homeschool entrepreneur and college kid extraordinaire.


 


I'll post again soon -- thanks for reading my ramblings!


 


Blessings,


Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I loved your photos! Not only do you write unit studies, you are quite the photography too! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very wonderful to see you writing here even if you can't do it often. I think sometimes we forget that authors are "real" people too.


    I admire you, I really want to write children's books and have been told I have some great ideas but I have no time to pursue it. I also have poems and essays just sitting on my computer about life as a mother.


    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!