Thursday, May 11, 2006

More Favorite Children's Books

 







Here are a few more that I forgot to include:

Girl of the Limberlost
Freckles

Black Beauty

Swiss Family Robinson

The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
When I was researching the lighthouse study, I was suprised to discover that Kipling's family had sent him to a lighthouse to write "Captains Courageous" - apparently he was driving his family up a wall! Is that why all of the kids said, "we can understand why they sent him away to a lighthouse to write a book!" What did they mean by that?! ;-)

Stuart Little by E B White

My Side of the Mountain and the others in this series (and now I am blessed to be living on "my side of the mountain!)

The Bobsey Twins series

The Secret Garden
The Railway Children

Little Women
Little Men

Swallows and Amazons series

The Borrowers

All Creatures Great and Small -- and others from James Herriot

Caddie Woodlawn

The Indian in the Cupboard

Ready to Read? I think I hear the bookmobile coming...

Blessings,
Amanda B.
www.unitstudy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you. Please comment below. Thanks!